FxA Signed-in UX

Chris Karlof ckarlof at mozilla.com
Wed Nov 27 11:37:46 PST 2013

On Nov 27, 2013, at 4:14 AM, Ryan Feeley <rfeeley at mozilla.com> wrote:

> My recommendation for web is no new tab, just a basic redirect. We need to behave like a native sign in would. We can't offer a popover, but many sites do redirects (if just to other pages on their own site) for sign in. We're fabulous enough to also offer it for sign up, right?

I think "no new tab" for sign in and create account are good. We can add support to redirect the user back to the flow they started on the relying service after sign in/create account completes.

If the user clicks on "Account settings" after she is signed in, that's different. It's less clear when and how to redirect them back. We should think about a new tab for Account Settings. It's what Google does.

-chris