FxA Signed-in UX

Shane Tomlinson stomlinson at mozilla.com
Wed Nov 27 03:28:29 PST 2013

On 25/11/2013 22:38, Ryan Feeley wrote:
>> Interesting stuff!  Raises so many questions:
>>
>> 1. If I click on “Account Settings”, what happens?  What URL ends up showing up in the URL bar?
>
> You will be detoured to something like accounts.firefox.com/settings, and returned back to the application when settings are updated and/or given a button/link to return back. I’ll continue on the FxA mgt UX tomorrow.

A detour to the settings page will come with the same problems we
currently have with authenticating a user using Persona, e.g. if the
detour occurs in-flow, apps will have to take care to save any state
before redirection and we will need a way to get the original state
back. If the detour occurs in a new tab/window/web view, the initial tab
may be difficult to impossible to return to in certain browsers.

Technically, will in-flow redirection work on FFOS apps, or installed
web apps on desktop/Android? Will CSP block this?

Shane