One verifier to rule them all

Lloyd Hilaiel lhilaiel at mozilla.com
Wed Nov 20 07:14:36 PST 2013

I have broken out all of the verification code from the persona repo and begun to build a standalone verification library out of it.  My goal is to stand up a new verifier by friday that supports the combined requirements of fxa and persona.  Along the way, I hope to build an extremely rigorous set of test code to contribute to and facilitate the attempt to finalize data formats.

My goal is to start with a local verification library that supports the superset of features required by fxa + persona and backwards compatibility.

Here is what I have so far: https://github.com/lloyd/browserid-local-verify
Here are the tests to drive development: https://github.com/lloyd/browserid-local-verify/issues/1
Here is the current state: https://gist.github.com/lloyd/7559948

$ wc $(find tests -name '*.js’ )
1031  3430 31780 total

My hope is that we can support all of our our efforts from a single code base, ultimately from a single deployment, and accelerate our efforts in standardization of browserid and getting FxA ready to ship.

Thoughts?

lloyd