How to land code without landing code in b2g

Lloyd Hilaiel lloyd at mozilla.com
Wed Nov 20 02:20:32 PST 2013

I would be fully supportive of landing with pref in gecko - disabled - sooner rather than later.

There is code change, which means risk.  But that risk is perhaps outweighed by testing disable codepaths early and often, and moving to smaller changes reviewed and landed more frequently.

Fwiw,
Lloyd

Jed Parsons <jparsons at mozilla.com> wrote:

>I think we can land the FxAccounts{.jsm,Client.jsm} bits with no
>worries
>
>I feel the other parts are risky because we affect the code path that
>Persona takes on native (through toolkit/identity/MinimalIdentity.jsm
>[1])
>
>And the gaia bits would require some kind of build config, since they
>can't access prefs; so that's unfortunately somewhat dissociated, which
>makes the new-features rule more complicated to follow on b2g.
>
>But as far as gecko goes, hearing Gavin chime in with some
>encouragement makes me wonder whether I'm being too conservative in my
>concerns about the changes to MinimalIdentity.  Perhaps a pref would
>indeed be ok after all ... ?
>
>[1] I do wish we had a different name for that module

lloyd - (on an tiny keyboard)