FxA test server for FXOS devs (Was: Re: dev server is fixed (idp.dev.lcip.org))

Zachary Carter zcarter at mozilla.com
Tue Nov 19 09:33:24 PST 2013

----- Original Message -----

Actually, the create account URL has been https://idp.dev.lcip.org/v1/raw_password/account/create.

"identity.mozilla.com/picl" is a namespace (shaped like a url) used in key derivation for HAWK credentials. The server also has that namespace hardcoded, so changing the client would cause a mismatch in derived credentials.

> Fernando initially tried changing host name on device so the URL would be:
>
> https://api-accounts.dev.lcip.org/identity.mozilla.com/picl/v1/raw_password/account/create
>
> We were both seeing 404s when trying to create accounts.
>
> Looking through the code, I could not find anywhere that referenced
> `/identity.mozilla.com/picl` or any snippet that prepended anything
> other than '/v1' to a route.
>
> We found that we are able to create an account using:
>
> https://api-accounts.dev.lcip.org/v1/raw_password/account/create
>
> Is this expected, or should the '/identity.mozilla.com/picl' namespace
> still be on the URL?

No, that's expected.

> FWIW, there are a few references to `/identity.mozilla.com/picl` in the
> tests. I would submit a PR, but the tests fail for me after making the
> update. :/

Sorry for the confusion!

-z