FxA test server for FXOS devs (Was: Re: dev server is fixed (idp.dev.lcip.org))

Shane Tomlinson stomlinson at mozilla.com
Tue Nov 19 03:50:32 PST 2013

On 19/11/2013 04:29, Ryan Kelly wrote:

> But if folks hate it, do speak up.
>

>    Cheers,
>
>      Ryan

Thanks for making the URL updates Ryan. One thing that has been lost in
the last day is route matching for URLS that contain
`identity.mozilla.com/picl/`

The old URL to create an account was:

https://idp.dev.lcip.org/v1/identity.mozilla.com/picl/v1/raw_password/account/create

Fernando initially tried changing host name on device so the URL would be:

https://api-accounts.dev.lcip.org/identity.mozilla.com/picl/v1/raw_password/account/create

We were both seeing 404s when trying to create accounts.

Looking through the code, I could not find anywhere that referenced
`/identity.mozilla.com/picl` or any snippet that prepended anything
other than '/v1' to a route.

We found that we are able to create an account using:

https://api-accounts.dev.lcip.org/v1/raw_password/account/create

Is this expected, or should the '/identity.mozilla.com/picl' namespace
still be on the URL?

FWIW, there are a few references to `/identity.mozilla.com/picl` in the
tests. I would submit a PR, but the tests fail for me after making the
update. :/

Thanks,
Shane