FxA test server for FXOS devs (Was: Re: dev server is fixed (idp.dev.lcip.org))

Nick Alexander nalexander at mozilla.com
Mon Nov 18 20:20:32 PST 2013

On 13-11-18 8:16 PM, Ryan Kelly wrote:
> On 19/11/2013 8:33 AM, Jared Hirsch wrote:
>> Actions:
>> * stand up a new test server awsbox at, say, dill.dev.lcip.org [TODO: who can do this?]
>>    * reuse current cert
>
> Since we've been busily re-naming things on the server side already,
> let's take this opportunity to make the dev environment look more like
> the proposed production environment described here:
>

> https://github.com/mozilla/fxa-auth-server/issues/295#issuecomment-28725360
>

> Today I will stand up the following servers in non-auto-updating mode:
>
>    https://accounts.dev.lcip.org
>    https://api-accounts.dev.lcip.org    (formerly "idp.dev.lcip.org")
>    https://scrypt-accounts.dev.lcip.org  (formerly "scrypt.dev.lcip.org")
>
> Please use these for your general development/testing needs.  We'll keep
> them up-to-date via manual pushes so that we're confident they'll stay
> running.
>

> I'll also stand up a matching auto-updated environment:
>
>    https://accounts-latest.dev.lcip.org
>    https://api-accounts-latest.dev.lcip.org
>    https://scrypt-accounts-latest.dev.lcip.org
>
> You can use this to try out any bleeding-edge changes that might go into
> the server, but don't be too surprised to find them burning on occasion.
>

> I will set up redirects for the following existing URLs, but please try
> to migrate away from them:
>
>    https://idp.dev.lcip.org     (now "api-accounts.dev.lcip.org")
>    https://scrypt.dev.lcip.org  (now "scrypt-accounts.dev.lcip.org")
>

> Does this sound OK to everyone?

Sounds good to me, but why api-accounts instead of api.dev.lcip.org or
api.accounts.dev.lcip.org?  That's what the name hierarchy is for,
correct?  Or accounts.dev.lcip.org/api if there's some reason to not
push down into the 5th level of hell.

This is about as colourful as the bikeshed gets, so feel free to roll-on...

Nick