bugs with fxa client/server

Shane Tomlinson stomlinson at mozilla.com
Mon Nov 18 13:38:41 PST 2013

Hey all!

Today I ran a little experiment to see how FxA would act if I applied
all of the front end FxA patches [1] against a recent b2g build provided
by ferjm. The result is kind of awesome[2].

Here is the key outcome:

* It is possible to set up a new FxA account from the first run
experience on a freshly flashed phone. WOOHOO!

Here are some not so great parts [3]:

* Whenever re-starting the FTE flow after the account is created,
queryAccount always returns "registered: false", meaning the user is
always sent down the new user flow instead of the sign up flow.
* If the user is not connected to the network, queryAccount does not
return an error saying so, but response with "registered: false"
* If the user is not connected to the network, signIn does not return an
error saying so, instead it responded with "no token" or something along
those lines.
* If the FxA backing server is down (as it was today), signIn does not
return an error saying so, instead it responds with the contents of the
500 page sent by the server.

Again, the important outcome - WE CAN CREATE AN ACCOUNT! The other parts
are cleanup.

:D

Thanks everyone,
Shane

PS - several of the patches in my branch there *ARE NEITHER REVIEWED NOR
MERGED* so the final code will be different.

PPS - Being that this is the first time all the things have been merged,
there are some integration bugs.