FxA test server for FXOS devs (Was: Re: dev server is fixed (idp.dev.lcip.org))

Jared Hirsch 6a68 at mozilla.com
Mon Nov 18 13:09:45 PST 2013

There is another thread on this list about the Right Way to stand up staging and prod envs, but IMO the simplest thing here is to get an SSL cert for, say, cornichon.lcip.org(*), spin up a new awsbox, and just update it less frequently/not auto-update on git commit.

Who can help with problems? The FxA server is a really simple node app, and the log output is pretty good, so here's a suggested set of people that could attempt to debug server issues for now: Shane (GMTish time zones), Jared (early day PST), Danny Coates/Chilts/Ryan Kelly (later day PST/NZ/Aussie time).

How to ask for help? Start with IRC, if that doesn't work, file a bugzilla bug under Mozilla Services product / Firefox Accounts component. Everybody who wants to help, watch that component.

Does this sound good? If yes, let's document it somewhere. If not, let's iterate.

Jared

(*) continuing with the pickle-related naming theme ;-)