Firefox Accounts DevOps next steps for November

Ryan Kelly rfkelly at mozilla.com
Tue Nov 5 13:40:51 PST 2013

On 5/11/2013 10:58 PM, Lloyd Hilaiel wrote:
> Not going multi-region from day one makes me nervous.  Technology
> selections which make it harder make me even more nervous.  Can we hit
> HA requirements without it?

Core outstanding question: what are our concrete HA requirements here?
The clearest operational requirement we currently have is "get this
thing stood up fast".  Hence MySQL, hence RDS.

That said, we haven't taken a Cassandra solution off the table
completely.  We're still working and coding with it in mind for the
future, but there was enough uncertainty around it to justify removal
from the critical path to shipping.

  Ryan