Firefox Accounts DevOps next steps for November

Ryan Kelly rfkelly at mozilla.com
Sun Nov 3 16:12:52 PST 2013

On 2/11/2013 10:21 AM, Gene Wood wrote:
> Now that the MySQL connector code has been landed in the API Server for
> Firefox Accounts we (Services Ops) should be clear to assemble the
> provisioning for Firefox Accounts. I've begun work on the
> CloudFormation/Cumulus environment provisioning code.

Aside: what is "Cumulus"?

> Ryan, can you give some more details on which of those scripts come into
> play on the API server and in what order?

They're applied in the order defined here:

https://github.com/mozilla/picl-deployment/blob/master/LoadTestStack/Boxen/IdpBox.yml

> On 2/11/2013 10:56 AM, Benson Wong wrote:
>> There are a few goals I would like to do w/ FxA. I'm very flexible on these and willing
>> to let them slide to get the app live (first priority).
>>
>> - empower Devs/QA to be able to deploy their own stacks at specific versions of the source.
>> - integrate deeper w/ StackDriver. Perhaps even NewRelic's node.js client (if it's good enough)

I'm also very interested in these two goals from a Dev standpoint, I
hope we can find the headroom to push hard on these.

>> Let's set up a meeting time next week to go over architecture w/ Ryan?

SGTM.  Perhaps we can meet prior to the FxAcct standup on Monday afternoon?

 Cheers,

   Ryan