Firefox Accounts DevOps next steps for November

Benson Wong bwong at mozilla.com
Fri Nov 1 16:56:31 PDT 2013

Hi,

I think the first step is figuring out what things look like from a high level:
https://mana.mozilla.org/wiki/display/SVCOPS/Firefox+Accounts+Server+Layout

Then we can create the cloudformations. Let's stick w/ JSON.
Then we can craft the puppet stuff, scripts to build RPMs, etc.

There are a few goals I would like to do w/ FxA. I'm very flexible on these and willing
to let them slide to get the app live (first priority).

- empower Devs/QA to be able to deploy their own stacks at specific versions of the source.
- use a svc. ops shared service, heka? statsd? something
- integrate deeper w/ StackDriver. Perhaps even NewRelic's node.js client (if it's good enough)
- use Simple Work Flow + web interface for a GUI based deploy. Persona access controlled.

I'm mostly done w/ the Telemetry guy's ops. More accurately, they not blocked on ops stuff right now so this is my main focus.

Let's set up a meeting time next week to go over architecture w/ Ryan?

Ben