Using the correct strict_min_version in extensions

Michael Buckley support at codefisher.org
Thu Oct 26 06:21:16 UTC 2017

Hi all,

Been finding it a lot of work to make sure I always use the correct min
version in my manifest file.  So I wrote two scripts, one scraps the
data off the online docs and saves it to a local JSON file.  The other
takes that JSON file and a folder with my extensions in it and does a
rather crude examination of the extension and gives a recommendation on
what the min version should be. I run it now at the end of my build script.

Feel free to use and modify as you see fit.

I think AMO itself should do this kind of check and give a warning if
there is a possible mistake.  Is there a bug for that? I can't find one.

God Bless
Michael