RE: ​ Determine Enable/Disable state of WebExtn Installed via Registry

geoffreydebelie geoffreydebelie at zoho.com
Mon Oct 16 14:53:06 UTC 2017

Hi Sandeep,

You will indeed need to write a parser. The Path can be anything, really and depends on whether the user choose to define their own relative path or just used the default value (being ProfileId.ProfileName).

The property Name can also be anything, but since the format is so easy (you have both the Name and Path in the same profile, no need to "guess") that won't be a problem.

As far as I know, there is no other way then to parse profiles.ini and you're heading in the right direction by parsing this file.

Kind regards,

Geoffrey

---- On ma, 16 okt 2017 13:06:46 +0200 Sandeep Singh <sandees at adobe.com> wrote ----

Thanks Geoffrey, seems like I need to write a parser, for Profile0, parser can easily pivot on to “.default” and figure out  “nn0n2cq2” but for Profile1, since “.cs317” is randomly generated , figuring out the profile name here will not be straight forward(and I guess the name-lengths are also not fixed). Is there a way out for this was primarily my ask.

Thanks,

Sandeep