Writing an experiment

tumpio tumpio at post.com
Sun Oct 15 19:25:44 UTC 2017

Hi Andrew,

thanks for your reply and links to the existing experiments. They helped
me to understand the API schema.

I've now created my own experiment API for Toolbar configuration. The
API has the following Schema:

Functions
- get(toolbarId) - Get Toolbar by toolbar element ID.
- getAll() - Get all Toolbars in browser Window.
- move(toolbarId, moveProperties) - Move toolbar to the position given
in moveProperties.
- hide(toolbarId) - set toolbar visibility to hidden.
- show(toolbarId) - set toolbar visibility to visible.

Types
- Toolbar
     - id:string
     - index:integer
     - bottom:boolean
     - hidden:boolean
- moveProperties
     - index:integer
     - bottom:boolean

Source is available in Github:

https://github.com/tumpio/toolbarpositionchanger/tree/experiment/src/experiment

I have also created a WebExtension that uses the API. The extension
allows to change the positions of toolbars.

The extension source is in the same repository.

Can I submit my work to AMO? Or is there some other place for experiments?

Best regards,

tumpio