Make browserAction's menu contain _solely_ its own custom items

Michael Buckley support at codefisher.org
Sat Oct 7 13:53:39 UTC 2017

I thought I would have a shot at this.  I am trying to copy
browserAction into an experiment and call it buttonAction to let me have
something to experiment with.  I think I have it kind of working, but
the problem is when it finds the manifest entry button_action it does
not call onManifestEntry. At least that is what I think it is, since
nothing is getting initialized. The docs are just so thin I can't work
out how to go from here.  None of the example experiments I have seen
use a manifest entry.

Here is the code: https://github.com/codefisher/button_action

It would be nice if I could get this working as it would be an easy way
to prototype solutions to some of the browerAction feature requests bugs.

If it is not possible, I will go the hard root of compiling Firefox.  It
is about 4 years since I last did that, maybe it is time again...

Regards
Michael