Make browserAction's menu contain _solely_ its own custom items

Marat Tanalin mtanalin at yandex.ru
Fri Oct 6 23:16:53 UTC 2017

Hello. How to make browserAction button’s context menu (opened via right click) contain _solely_ its own custom items and no any predefined items? Currently the menu also contains browser’s  predefined items that have nothing to do with my extension.

Fwiw, I currently investigate ways to port my UsableHomeButton [1] extension to the WebExtensions API. The button’s context menu is a very important part (50%) of the extension’s functionality, and alien items are totally undesired there. I can’t use popup instead because pressing the button (via left click) is used for a different purpose (the first 50% of the extension’s functionality). Thanks.

[1] https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/usablehomebutton/