Writing an experiment

tumpio tumpio at post.com
Fri Oct 6 14:24:33 UTC 2017

Hello dev-addons,

what is the state of the add-on experiments for writing a WebExtension
API as a bootstrapped add-on? Will they be supported in long term in
Firefox nightly and dev-editions, or were they just a concept for
tinkering with WebExtensions before the final transition to them? The
documentation hasn't been updated for 7 months and it lacks details
about the api schema file.

I would like to try to write an add-on experiment API that would allow
me to convert my Toolbar Position Changer add-on to a WebExtension.

https://webextensions-experiments.readthedocs.io/en/latest/schema.html

Regards,

tumpio