Assistance with migration of CQ Roll Call legacy add on toolbar to WebExtensions

Mike Lissner mike at free.law
Thu Nov 30 17:15:19 UTC 2017

Somebody else may chime in with a better answer, but I think the short
answer is that there's no easy way to upgrade from a legacy toolbar to a
WebExtension. It'll take some work by somebody that knows their way around
the code.

The good news though, is that once you do make the switch, you'll likely
have something that can work across browsers, in Chrome, Firefox, Opera,
and IE Edge.

Mike (not affiliated with Mozilla)

On Thu, Nov 30, 2017 at 8:47 AM Andrew Graves <andrewgraves at cqrollcall.com>
wrote:

> To whom it may concern;
>
> I learned that our organization toolbar is no longer working on Firefox
> version 57; most of our clients rely on our toolbar to search through our
> product. Is there a simple and easy way to migrate our toolbar with an
> extension of xpi to WebExtensions in order to function properly on the new
> Firefox?  This toolbar has been working in all versions until version 57.
>
> By the way, I am not a developer. And the developer of that toolbar is no
> longer with CQ Roll Call.
>
> Your assistance is greatly appreciated.
>
> --
> *Andrew Graves*
> System Administrator | CQ Roll Call
> 1625 Eye Street NW, Suite 200
> Washington DC, 20006
>
> This e-mail may contain confidential material. If you are not an intended
> recipient, please notify the sender and delete all copies. It may also
> contain personal views which are not the views of CQ Roll Call or its
> owner, The Economist Group. We may monitor e-mail to and from our network.
> For company information go to http://legal.economistgroup.com
> <http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Flegal.economistgroup.com&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNElWfcDIa20cUCN6niBiOPdUm8YzQ>

Mike Lissner
Executive Director