Problem on deploying new WebExtension scriptly

Andrew Swan aswan at mozilla.com
Thu Nov 16 23:07:41 UTC 2017

Nothing has changed recently with regard to how extensions can be
sideloaded, see the MDN docs at:
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Add-ons/WebExtensions/Alternative_distribution_options/Sideloading_add-ons

>From a quick glance at the original poster's shell script, it looks like
some very old logic about profiles (we no longer use extensions.sqlite for
instance, also the hardcoded string axkhqz5b is probably wrong).  If you
really want to use the profile, you should parse profiles.ini and then put
your xpi file in the extensions/ subdirectory of the chosen profile, not
the top-level profile directory.

-Andrew