Webextension project : open new tab from urlbar, bookmark and search engine

lolo jaja lololajoie at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 16 13:30:09 UTC 2017

Hi

I used to use the Tab Mix Plus extension but Firefox 57 doesn’t allow legacy extension anymore.

I’d like a simple thing :
When I use the urlbar, bookmark or search engine I’d like to open it in a new tab, not in the current one.

I browsed the JavaScript APIs<https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Add-ons/WebExtensions/API> but I can’t find anything.
I see webNavigation.onBeforeNavigate<https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Add-ons/WebExtensions/API/webNavigation/onBeforeNavigate> or webNavigation.onTabReplaced<https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Add-ons/WebExtensions/API/webNavigation/onTabReplaced> but if I don’t have the url.
webNavigation.onBeforeNavigate<https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Add-ons/WebExtensions/API/webNavigation/onBeforeNavigate> has the url but it’s fired for all links and it’s not what I want.

I must be searching in a wrong way.

Does anyone have any idea ?

Thx