Report 2 problems related to Firefox extension development

wei_huang at trendmicro.com.cn wei_huang at trendmicro.com.cn
Mon Nov 6 11:48:38 UTC 2017

Dear Mozilla support team

This is Wei Huang, a FF extension developer.

I'm writing this mail to ask for your help on 2 problems I encountered recently.

[Basic Information]
Firefox Version:
(1).Firefox Release Edition  56.0.2 (32-bit)
(2).Firefox Dev Edition 57.0b14 (64-bit)

[Problems Description]
#1. I happened to find that 2 strange js files, which are not belong to my extension, were injected with the content script jses of my extension. (Refer to attached #1.png)
I'm wondering what are these jses used for? Are there any impact to my extension?

#2. Some content script files defined in manifest.json are not injected into target web page.
As shown in #2_1.jpg & #2_2.jpg, when accessing Facebook setting page(https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=privacy), all the jses that match "*://*.facebook.com/settings*" should be injected.
However, most of these content script files are missing on this page.
One interesting thing is that, the #2 issue only happens on signed xpi. When I extract the xpi, and load a temporary extension in debug mode, the issue is improved.
I have no idea what's going on with this issue.

Could you please kindly help have a check on these 2 problems? Thanks in advance.

Regards
Wei Huang

TREND MICRO EMAIL NOTICE