autofocus on opening browser_action popup

Lenz Weber mail at lenzw.de
Wed Nov 1 11:52:42 UTC 2017

Hi there,

I'm trying to auto-focus an input element as soon as the browser_action
popup is opened - so far without success.

Focus is only obtained by manually clicking into the popup or doing a
double-tab. Also, other plugins seem to have the same problem -
unfortunately, their workaround of calling .focus() after a setTimeout
of ~100ms does not seem to work for me. (see
https://github.com/dannyvankooten/browserpass/issues/155 )

Is this a known limitation, am I missing something obvious or is this a
bug I should report somewhere?

Kind Regards,
Lenz