MY FAVORITE ADBLOCKER COMES UP AS LEGACY

Caitlin Neiman cneiman at mozilla.com
Mon Aug 28 15:50:25 UTC 2017

Hi Howard,

I can understand your concern about legacy extensions no longer being
compatible with Firefox.

uBlock Origin is currently in the process of migrating to WebExtensions
APIs and the developer is hoping to release an updated version before
November.

We have been reaching out to developers of other legacy extensions to
support them through the migration process. If you could ping me off of the
mailing list and let me know what other extensions you are concerned about,
I can look into their migration status or offer a recommendation for an
alternative.

Warmly,
Caitlin

On Sun, Aug 27, 2017 at 2:46 PM, FUTONS1 . <futons1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I use ublock origin. turned off but in the extensions part is adguard.
> Both are highlighted as legacy. As does three other adblockers that i
> installed just to check. How am I supposed to talk with you and get ublock
> origin or adgausrd to the specs you want before November? If you have a fix
> fine, if i have to wait for the developer fine,However if in November they
> are not supported. Between the extensions like pocket, recipe client and
> others that are added and  now this   *I WILL HAVE TO SAY SEE YOU
> LATER????I I* HAVE OPERA AND GOOGLE CHROME AND PALEMOON  AND HAVE NOT HAD
> ANY PROBLEMS WITH EXTENSIONS. Having  THESE THREE WEB BROWSERS  I can
> easily uninstall firefox. No problem. How low are you willing to see the
> percentage of people who use Firefox? Your making it better, more secure
> but the people  are not buying it. IF YOU CAN HELP ME GET EXTENSIONS THAT
> ARE LEGACY UP TO SPECS EMAIL ME BACK.  i'M NOT TRYING TO BE A ASS i'M JUST
> UPSET WITH THE WAY fIREFOX IS MOVING.
>

>     Howard

Caitlin Neiman
Community Manager, Add-ons