FF addons

Jorge Villalobos jorge at mozilla.com
Wed Aug 16 18:19:14 UTC 2017

The add-ons metadata storage (addons.json, currently) has changed
occasionally in backward-incompatible ways. Depending on which version
you use to back up and which version you use to restore that data, it
could not work as you expect. However, you can just copy the contents of
the "extensions" directory, which hasn't really changed for as long as I
can remember. You lose the disabled/enabled/blocked status when you
restore them, but it should be relatively easy to disable them after
that's done, if that's what you want.

The add-ons being listed on AMO or not doesn't affect any of this.

Jorge