How do inject a script into a website *before* the first script on this website is able to run?

Manuel Reimer manuel.reimer at gmx.de
Tue Aug 15 16:00:13 UTC 2017

Hello,

my new code:

   var script = document.createElement("script");
   document.documentElement.appendChild(script);
   var request = new XMLHttpRequest();
   request.open('GET', browser.extension.getURL("pagescript.js"), false);
   request.send(null);
   script.textContent = request.responseText;

My code still runs too late. If I place code as <script> into <body> it
is still executed before my extension is able to implement the
javascript the page javascript is intended to use.

But: It actually works if I place my whole code directly inside my
content-script. I don't really like this. Seems like the XMLHttpRequest,
even if I tell it to be non-async, still causes stuff to get async
somehow. Is there any way, I can use from a WebExtension, to get content
of an extension-internal file in *really* async way? Would be so much
nicer to do some code-separation...