PSA: Legacy extensions disabled by default on Nightly

Kevin Jones kevinhowjones at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 23:58:26 UTC 2017

No.  If you can get a link to the addon, it will install it.  And it will
run as long as `extensions.legacy.enabled` is true.

Like Mathieu replied on this thread (In order to get the install button
active):

"One workaround for this is to set "extensions.checkCompatibility.nightly"
to false in about:config. This will force nightly to ask AMO to ignore
compatibility information when updating extensions. Do this at your own
risk though, ignoring compatibility usually leads to broken add-ons."