Intent to Implement: Reader Mode APIs

Andrew McKay amckay at mozilla.com
Mon Aug 14 15:54:21 UTC 2017

You could, then you are in "rebuild all of reader mode" territory. In
Chrome there are add-ons and services that do all that work, because
Chrome does not have a reader mode.

Since there's a good support for reader mode in Firefox, it seems like
it would make sense to allow extensions to experiment and play with
different ways of interacting with that in Firefox.

Personally I find it reader mode really useful on mobile and I'd like
to explore how to use it more without re-inventing every wheel.

This is a pretty simple API with little security or UI problems from
what I can see.