PSA: Legacy extensions disabled by default on Nightly

Andrew Swan aswan at mozilla.com
Mon Aug 14 06:28:00 UTC 2017

On Sun, Aug 13, 2017 at 5:20 AM, Kevin Jones <kevinhowjones at gmail.com>
wrote:

> "there is a preference that Nightly users can flip to re-enable loading of
> legacy extensions in the addons manager"
>
> I don't seem to find anything in the addon manager to accomplish this, I
> had to take a guess at the name of the pref and flip it manually.

As with the pref to disable signing, it was a deliberate choice not to
build special UI for this.  I think it would make sense to add it to the
SuMO page for legacy extensions though.  Cc Amy and Scott, could one of you
add (or arrange to add) something to the page at the URL below explaining
the "extensions.legacy.enabled" preference?
https://support.mozilla.org/1/firefox/%VERSION%/%OS%/%LOCALE%/webetensions

> Kudos for another major step in the advancement into the next era!

Cheers!

-Andrew