PSA: Legacy extensions disabled by default on Nightly

Kevin Jones kevinhowjones at gmail.com
Sun Aug 13 12:20:44 UTC 2017

Thanks Andrew :-)

I want to mention that on the AMO site, legacy addons now appear with a
greyed-out "install" button.  This happens when even in Nightly with
`extensions.legacy.enabled=true`.  The pref works and I can run legacy
extensions, but the AMO site does not allow the user to install updates,
including fixes for addons broken by removal of deprecated code.

"there is a preference that Nightly users can flip to re-enable loading of
legacy extensions in the addons manager"

I don't seem to find anything in the addon manager to accomplish this, I
had to take a guess at the name of the pref and flip it manually.

Kudos for another major step in the advancement into the next era!

Kevin