[CBT] Mozilla Festival East Africa 2015 (MEA or MozFestEA 2015)

Lawrence Kisuuki lawrence at mozilla-uganda.org
Thu May 21 21:42:13 UTC 2015

Hello,

Hope you're well. Last year the Mozilla Uganda community embarked on an
initiative to bring a learning, collaborative and maker experience inspired
by the annual Mozilla Festival in London to East Africa; to use it to
inspire people to create solutions to the challenges East Africa is
currently facing with the help of the web and open technologies. We built a
strong community around and still intend to expand and even spread the
reach and impact further.

This year MEA'15 is to take place on July 17th - 19th, 2015 at Victoria
University, Kampala - Uganda. We have broadened our spectrum to include
more participants from Africa, we have partnered with the JamLab team from
Kenya, the MozFest London team, Global Rising Voices, Mozilla Foundation
and a few others to help us plan for an amazing regional event.

We would love to reach out to all Mozillians and those out there that can
help us build amazing solutions in 3 days; we will have both physical and
virtual participation and kindly request most of you to register (more
details on this will be communicated on virtual participation, including
how larger community gatherings can participate) you can even send a
recorded literacy video it will go a great way.

Currently we're unable to sponsor travel for reps outside Africa. We
however welcome anyone who is able to attend (please let us know and we can
help with any necessary technicalties), we request that you please submit a
proposal for a session or register to attend.

You could become an MEA Hero, these are people who are volunteering to help
us out with the event from wherever they're in the world, even if it's just
blogging about the event, posting on social media or telling people about
our virtual participation. Reach out to us if you're interested, you'll
fill a short form that will enable us to track your contribution and after
the event we'll offer you a certificate of appreciation or badge and our
gratitude.

We need your support, please help us spread the word on twitter
(@mozfestea) and on Facebook.com/mozfestea

Please check the mozfestea.org for more information and direct any queries
to info at mozfestea.org

Thank you.

*PS:* This media article also sums up the event pretty well:
http://www.dignited.com/13726/heres-what-to-expect-at-this-years-mozilla-festival-east-africa-2015/

*Regards,*

*Lawrence*
*Lead MozFestEA*