[CBT] [Reps-General] Help Improve Community Communications

Majken Connor majken at gmail.com
Sat May 2 18:23:42 UTC 2015

I see that this is based off of mailing lists. Many communities are also
using Discourse. So that is another place to check for communication
channels.

As we are talking more about impact, and better planning, perhaps we should
think about creating a module for Communities? At the top level it can be
about making sure communities tell Mozilla who they authorize to speak on
their behalf - this could be multiple people, and it could be broken down
by subject. It would be the communities' responsibility to keep the
contacts up to date, and Mozilla's responsibility to make sure they use
them.

It would also help give communities transparency on who to turn to when
they have conflicts. Also a module system allows for recognized leaders who
aren't necessarily employees, which would be incredibly valuable when
communities have concerns or conflicts with something the org is doing, and
of course it would make it easier for the org to see the communities they
should be reaching out to. Sub-modules could potentially be formed around
providing resources to the communities who choose to participate in the
module.

This is a bit of a tangent, but the reason for the suggestion is that
rather than using a spreadsheet to track these contacts, which is easy to
lose, or forget about, if we use the module model and put it on the wiki,
it will be more manageable and maintainable.