[CBT] Radical Participation Idea: Slow Down

Larissa Shapiro lshapiro at mozilla.com
Tue Nov 25 10:45:41 PST 2014

Thanks for this, Benny.

I want to extend your thought on recognition, which I 100% agree with,
we need a comprehensive and trackable way to build recognition and make
it equitable. I agree with you in the potential impacts as well, and
would love to discuss this with you further as to what your ideas are
for such a system.

I feel that the current systems can also fall down when it comes to how
we build leadership and cultivate new leaders within communities
(regional, product, functional, you name the communities, we struggle
with this) - we need to be clear on how people become leaders and how we
develop leadership skills in more community members, so that we have
depth and breadth and strength of leadership all over the project. This
is also something that requires slowing down, seeing people's leadership
qualities, and building specific ways to support them.

Slowing down allows us to see and know more about who we are as a
community, and build on the strength we have as well as grow it.