[CBT] Radical Participation Idea: Slow Down

Benny Chandra bennychandra at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 05:46:18 PST 2014

I like the idea "slow down now to go faster later".

I think, before go faster by offer radical participation opportunity,  we
should reflect and evaluate the current volunteers participation system in
Mozilla so far.

IMHO, there are some things that need to evaluate and fix at this time. For
example, the connection between contribution and recognition.

If we have a good, clear, and fair recognition system, we can easier
encourage people become volunteers right now and in the future. I believe
the current volunteers also will become more active and engaged.

In the other side, a bad and unfair recognition system can demotivate the
current active volunteers. It will become worse if there are some stewards
or staff play favorites to volunteers. We should avoid it and give more
attention before we go faster later.