[CBT] Radical Participation Idea: Slow Down

Larissa Shapiro lshapiro at mozilla.com
Mon Nov 24 12:49:38 PST 2014

I agree very much with Emma - and its part of my own radical community
building idea (blog post pending) about scaling a human network.
Software is made by people, and community is made both by and of people.
When we strive to include eachother, to have respectful and meaningful
relationships, and model openness in what we do, it does require slowing
down for a time, yes. Slowing down may well work for technical
innovation - and I think that is *because* human relationships take time
- but then it can scale.... through models of relationship building,
mentoring, making, remixing, and "each one teach one".

We can scale our human network - and over time, that can make us *fly*.