[CBT] Additional information about participation work week in Portland

Mike Hoye mhoye at mozilla.com
Fri Nov 21 11:07:53 PST 2014

On 2014-11-20 3:27 PM, David Boswell wrote:
> We've updated our plans for the participation-focused work week in Portland and I wanted to send everyone an update.  The schedule for the Participation-focused days on Thursday and Friday is at:
>
> https://wiki.mozilla.org/Contribute/Meetup/Portland_Dec_2014/Schedule
>
> The bulk of those days will be focused on breakouts for each of the major participation initiatives next year: Volunteer Leadership, Participation Infrastructure, Regional Community Health, Functional Area Support and Reinventing Participation.

Hey yo, CBT.

 From 9:00 to 11:00 on Friday, I'm running an Engineering-focused
community-building best practices session out of the Oregon ballroom at
the Marriott. I'm sorry that my time overlaps with what you've got here
- I won't be joining the workweek until mid-Thursday because of another
trip - but I wanted to extend an invitation to anyone from the community
building team who'd like to attend.

We'll be pretty tight for time, so I've asked the various engineering
reps attending to come into that meeting with a strong sense of what
their 2015 goals look like and to be ready to talk boots-on-the-ground
tactics for achieving them.  I'd like everyone to leave knowing what
works and what to avoid in pursuing their goals, who to ask for help,
and to know who each other are well enough to steer contributors and
questions around Mozilla. I understand that the community building team
will have a new shape in the new year, and so hoping that the new and
rejuvenated CBT can be a part of that.

Thanks, and sorry for the late notice.

- mhoye