[CBT] What does radical participation look like?

David Boswell dboswell at mozilla.com
Tue Nov 18 11:15:38 PST 2014

I definitely agree about the need to apply rigorous analysis to make sure our community building efforts are providing the return we need.

We haven't historically had the data to do this and it has hurt us.  For instance, at the start of 2014 we had very little contribution data available and counting the number of active volunteers was one of the few things we could measure.  Having the 2014 community goal focused on increasing that number did lead to some efforts to build community for the sake of building community.

The work we've put into gathering contribution metrics this year puts us in a much better place and we'll be in a position where we have better metrics to use for analysis.  We've been working with Dave Eaves (copied) on a contribution research project and we'll have those findings ready for us to dig into in Portland where we can move forward with a more rigorous analysis.

Thanks,
David