[CBT] What does radical participation look like?

Emma Irwin emma.irwin at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 09:12:13 PST 2014

'working with community' as a core value , vrs  assigning percentages   -
and I think this comes back to training as Laura & Madelina already.

Scaffolding can come through collective sense that scaling community and
working with volunteers *adds value* + recognition & identification of
where that's not true.   In a workshop I run, we always spent a good
portion just talking about this piece, before we ever get to 'how'.

 Training is also about the practical sense of understanding how to build
pathways, how to 'bake' community into workflows vrs being this thing you
have to save 20% of your time for.

This kind-of reminds me of the QA portion of a (small shop) software
development contract.  We always optimistically put 15%  'QA' as a line
item, but in reality scope creep (among other things) eat up that extra
time.

I think 'working with community' as a percentage will similarly be
challenging, unless it's built-in.  And that's something you have to learn
by doing.

Emma Irwin
@sunnydeveloper
Mozilla Reps Council Member