[CBT] What does radical participation look like?

Doug Belshaw doug at mozillafoundation.org
Thu Nov 13 07:18:59 PST 2014

Radical participation = driving a bus across Bangladesh? http://techcrunch.com/2014/11/12/google-is-driving-a-bus-across-bangladesh-to-help-500000-students-learn-about-the-internet/

-----
Doug Belshaw
Web Literacy Lead
Mozilla Foundation

Current timezone: GMT (UTC)

http://webmaker.org
http://dougbelshaw.com

----- Original Message -----

From: "matthew zeier" <mzeier at gmail.com>
To: "For discussions about how to grow Mozilla and bring in new contributors" <community-building at mozilla.org>
Sent: Wednesday, 12 November, 2014 5:58:32 PM
Subject: Re: [CBT] What does radical participation look like?

> On Nov 12, 2014, at 9:54 AM, David Boswell <dboswell at mozilla.com> wrote:
>
> One thought about this is to slow down our goals process -- for example, would shifting from quarterly goals to annual goals give teams more space to enable volunteers in a way that they can help with those goals?

Agree with slowing down but not with a shift from quarterly to yearly goals.

I think of these as a story. I have a story for the year and each quarter is a chapter in that story. I also think it's really hard to measure success when you only look every 365 days. Plus, even with a yearly goal you do have milestones.