[CBT] What does radical participation look like?

Laura Hilliger laura at mozillafoundation.org
Wed Nov 12 06:14:15 PST 2014

I feel like we need to develop a culture of community building, which means that leadership should be indicating that CB is part of your job if you work for Mozilla. Part of community building is retention, so Gerv’s point on nurturing is also hugely important.

If we’re going to create such a culture, we need buy in from the top, and I think we already have it. Having a specific % of time spent or a personal contributor goal seem like practical implementations, so what’s the proper starting place for individual staff and how do we memo that out? I think it has to be paired with the training and resources the CBT can provide because Madalina is right, some people don’t understand the how or why.

—laura

 <https://webmaker.org/>	Laura Hilliger
Training & Educational Lead
Mozilla Foundation