[CBT] What does radical participation look like?

David Boswell dboswell at mozilla.com
Tue Nov 11 10:58:06 PST 2014

At MozFest a couple weeks ago, Mitchell had a question for the audience: what does radical participation look like for Mozilla today?  For more details, you can see that keynote at the link below (Mitchell starts around 26 minutes in).

https://air.mozilla.org/mozfest-2014-3/

This is a question I think we should be discussing here on this list, at the Grow Mozilla call this Thursday and while we're together in Portland.

To get a discussion going, I just blogged with one potential answer to this question -- shifting the role of staff more to supporting volunteers instead of directly delivering the services Mozilla provides.

http://davidwboswell.wordpress.com/2014/11/11/what-does-radical-participation-look-like/

Please feel free to comment on this particular answer to the question as well as post your own answers.  We have a wide range of experiences both inside and outside of Mozilla in this group and I think some interesting ideas will emerge if we all share some ideas.

Thanks,
David