[CBT] Draft Conflict Resolution Guidelines

San Emmanuel James sanjames at mozilla-uganda.org
Wed Nov 5 20:57:53 PST 2014

Thank you all for the useful discussions in this email thread,

>From a practical stand point, a ticket system is very important as you are
sure a conflict will be followed until its closed otherwise, with our every
increasing activities and busy schedules in the community, it is very easy
for these issues to disappear in the community abyss.

Once a ticket is open, because its a conflict, whoever is chosen to follow
it up with the one who opened the ticket must be carefully selected,
ensuring that the reporter will be comfortable working with them and they
will be able to effectively handle the matter. Considering for example
Mozilla Reps, a mentor from within or outside of the local community will
be assigned but other mentors or council must be following to ensure that
the matter is addressed appropriately.

Thanks Lawrence for all the energy put into this, I'm optimistic that it
will help many communities as we grow.

+1 for the Mitchel and Janets submissions, they are definitely very
helpful. In Uganda.

Thanks,
San James

San Emmanuel James