[CBT] Draft Conflict Resolution Guidelines

Emma Irwin emma.irwin at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 13:06:34 PST 2014

We have not disregarded mentors but there are cases where people are
conflicting with the mentor that is why at the end there's involvement of
council or so.

Absolutely - my point was really only, that in Reps we've been thinking
about this and dare-say, had some success as a result of having established
routes for escalating issues. I suppose I'm wondering (out loud) if
offering mentor-ship could be a part of this.  But you can also ignore the
question for the moment, because I realize this is already a lot of
information you're working on :)

Thanks again Lawrence

On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 12:59 PM, Lawrence Kisuuki <
lawrence at mozilla-uganda.org> wrote:

> So I need clear confirmation on this part: Should we have the email like "
> report at mozilla-communities.org" set up just in case there are those
> willing to use it or should we scrap it all together?
>
> Emma yes, sadly there are more causes than there are solutions but it's
> safe to say most causes can be narrowed down with how delicate matters are
> handled. Safe to say all the common solutions end up in peaceful
> mediated/arbitrated resolutions.
>
> And yes, a Mozillian is free to use any approach or to directly contact
> someone they're comfortable with to resolve their problem, I think I
> included that somewhere. I just hope somewhere somehow we can also learn
> from solutions communities employ to resolve similar conflicts that may
> arise else where.
>
> We have not disregarded mentors but there are cases where people are
> conflicting with the mentor that is why at the end there's involvement of
> council or so. We're just documenting a process that people can follow when
> stuck and don't know what to do, instead of them getting angry or leaving,
> maybe this can help them have a start at resolution/closure.
>
> Janet & Yvan I made most of those changes :) Thanks.
>
> Thanks for the different views, I've made real time edits where necessary.
> You can take a look again.
>

> *Regards,*
>

> *Lawrence*
>
> *Community Manager*