[CBT] A letter that gives students credit for contribution- will this help you?

Alex Wafula xelawafs at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 09:30:59 PDT 2013

This looks really doable. We have to sit two internship at my university in
Nairobi which are creditable and needed to graduate:

A community based internship (non paid and *beneficial to the local
community*)
An industrial internship (paid or otherwise and *focuses on skill sets
learned in class*)

Well, technically speaking I didn't seat for either but our faculty admin
was totally OK with a letter from Mozilla indicating the volunteer work
I've been doing and I'll get my credits this way. I see a first step here
as getting a structure to support student contributors (student ambassadors
program (structure) + webmaker (curricular/program) would be great
complements here) which would probably involve knowing what universities
would require from us to issue credits to student contributors, I suspect
this template alone might be enough; having a badges program to complement
it though would be great.

A place for students to work from for time to time might also come in
handy, probably where local mozillians meet.

Alex