Working on a Mozilla offices space (take 3!)

Lars Bergstrom larsberg at mozilla.com
Mon Mar 6 21:59:46 UTC 2017

I have been working with WPR and Sam and Ann Marie from MoFo to revive the
Chicago office space conversation.

The short version of the situation is: if you are a remote MoCo employee
and are NOT currently expensing your home setup (chair, desk, internet,
paper, etc.), then you have the option of "contributing" your $350/month
coworking space budget towards an improved Chicago office location. Billing
details tbd (but hopefully consolidated and not actually N individual bills
& expenses).

Please reply (privately to myself / Sam / Ann Marie or to this thread, if
you prefer) if you are interested in using your budget towards this and
would therefore like to be involved in the space selection.

The longer version is that WPR is still not "creating" new offices and is
sticking with their policy of asking remote employees to get their own
space. They (rightly) have observed that people from scattered teams
basically leave offices like Boston empty and just get together on Friday
for a griping / hacking session.

Since MoFo has a colocated Hive team and need for a dedicated space, I was
hoping that we could add on some MoCo budget to get some floating desk
space, day passes, a space to hold meetups, and conference rooms that we
could reserve for small to medium workweeks (say, < 12 people for a week).
If it's big enough, I'll even put an Oculus Rift or HTC Vive roomscale VR
setup in the space for people to use / demo when I'm not working on it.

Regardless, once the weather sorts out whatever in the world it's doing,
I'll start bugging people again for monthly Friday meetups at a coffee shop
or similar :-)

Thanks and hope you're all doing well!
- Lars