Invitation to Hive Chicago Buzz, March 17-18

Sam Dyson sam at mozillafoundation.org
Mon Mar 6 17:30:43 UTC 2017

Dear Chicago Mozillians,

On behalf of your Hive Chicago <http://hivechicago.org/about/goals/> colleagues
at MoFo, I'd love to invite you to join us (and to consider volunteering)
at an exciting upcoming event.  If you read on and are inspired to
volunteer--and we hope you will--please contact Hive Chicago Community
Manager, Kenyatta Forbes at kenyatta at mozillafoundation.org.

Hive Chicago Buzz <http://www.hivechicagobuzz.org/>, March 17-18, at the
Bridgeport Art Center, is an event we're hosting for the third year and
we'd love to have you join us!  Read the full story on Medium
<https://medium.com/read-write-participate/activating-solutions-hive-chicago-buzz-2017-373aa567ed2d#.3xi5c7sim>
.

The two-day event *empowers leaders to activate solutions in education* using
the best of technology and the web for learning. It is inspired by the
annual Mozilla Festival <https://mozillafestival.org/> in London and it is
fueling leadership development by enabling our network of educators to take
action for the benefit of Chicago’s teens.  You can explore the Friday
celebration and Saturday sessions here: http://schedule.hivechicagobuzz.org
<http://schedule.hivechicagobuzz.org/#_show-saturday>.

*RSVP to Day 1
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/hive-chicago-buzz-2017-day-1-tickets-29751838550>,
4-7pm, Friday, March 17* to celebrate the accomplishments of the past year,
explore resources at the HCB "science fair," and find out how you can
contribute on Day 2.
RSVP to Day 2
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/hive-chicago-buzz-2017-day-2-tickets-31295125563>
,* 8am-4pm, Saturday, March 18* to activate new solutions to our Moonshot
calls-to-action.

Please note that we're closing RSVPs this Friday, March 10, so register
today!

We'd love to see you.  And feel free to share the invite with others.

Take care,
Sam

Samuel E. Dyson
Program Director | Hive Chicago Learning Network | Mozilla Foundation
sam at mozillafoundation.org
c. 312-613-1349
@samueledyson
@HiveChicagoBuzz