Hive at CNT Urban Sustainability Apps Challenge

Robert Bryan Friedman robert at mozillafoundation.org
Mon Jun 1 16:35:52 UTC 2015

Howdy Chi-town Mozillians!

I'm not sure the chicago at mozilla.org list works anymore (cause I sent
something out the other day and got crickets), so I'm CC'ing a bunch of ya.

I'm reaching out to you to see if you might help me support a project
submission at the CNT Urban Sustainability Apps Competition
<http://www.cntideas.com/> being lead by a Hive Chicago champ, Jackie
Moore. Jackie and I both plan to be there all three days, but are still
working to recruit developer and design support. *I was**hoping that you
might help us to identify passionate and talented folks to help**us*
build our concept
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OPGFC5w4vwDGdu8IXr6VqsWhDcBFTju-y9xBE8Zllzc/edit?usp=sharing>.

We want to take a grass-roots approach to helping youth move around
Chicago by building a mobile app that organizes point-to-point
transportation solutions for peer groups using public transportation,
ride shares or other solutions. The current MVP concept would pull
existing open data from CTA and build in a capacity to connect with
published learning event information via platforms like the Chicago City
of Learning <http://chicagocityoflearning.org>. You can learn more about
our concept here
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OPGFC5w4vwDGdu8IXr6VqsWhDcBFTju-y9xBE8Zllzc/edit?usp=sharing>.

This work has been explicitly endorsed by Vaughn Bryant
<http://www.chicagoparkdistrict.com/departments/leadership/chief-program-officer/>,
Chief Programs officer at the Chicago Parks Department. He has pledged
to work with us to use a developing sports program partnership between
CPD and CPS as a committed test-case for a functioning prototype. We
also have the support of Sharon Feigon
<http://sharedusemobilitycenter.org/our-team/>, Executive Director of
the Shared Use Mobility Center. So I'm confident that it's viable.

*If someone you know might be interested in joining us, please have them
do one, or all of the following:*

  * Join us at Chi Hack Night <http://chihacknight.org/>, tomorrow, June
    2, 6-9pm to continue developing the MVP concept in prep for this
    weekend;
  * Register for the CNT Apps Challenge <http://cntideas.com> (see
    schedule attached) and make sure to *join "Idea Leader" Jackie Moore;*
  * Shoot us an email to let us know they are on board or interested!

Thanks!
Robert

--
*Robert Bryan Friedman, Ph.D.*